Monday, November 01, 2010

Flat Stanley Visits Our Classroom


In the mail today I had a surprise, Flat Stanley! Jason Schmidt's class in Omaha, Nebraska sent him to us. Here is the letter I wrote with pictures. 


Corrie,
Thank you for letting Stanley visit my classroom today.  He arrived on Monday, November 1. I opened the letter you sent at the beginning of second period.  Here is a picture of Stanley and your letter:
100_0561.JPG
In second period, Stanley helped Chance do some math logic problems on the http://www.logic-puzzles.org/ website. Chance sure needed the help! Here is a picture of Chance with Stanely
100_0562.JPG
My assistant principal came by for a visit. Here is Stanley visiting with Mrs. Buttram:
100_0563.JPG
I went on Twitter and announced Stanley’s arrival. He quickly received a lot of “hello’s” from people. One teacher sent a link: http://abbotflatstanley.edublogs.org/  Here is a picture of my friends saying hello to Stanley:
stanley.JPG
stanley.JPG
In third period, media history, Stanley watched the last episode of the American Revolution documentary The RevolutionThe End Game. Stanley learned all about the battle of Yorktown!
100_0564.JPG
In fourth period I taught 7th grade math. Stanley helped Kyla find the slope of a line. It was a good thing Stanley was there, I needed the help!
100_0565.JPG
After math we had lunch. Here is Stanley getting a BBQ sandwich. I was surprised at how much he ate! How does he stay so thin and eat so much?
100_0566.JPG
Fifth period we are back in the lab. We will be doing logic puzzles the rest of the day.100_0568.JPG

No comments: