Friday, April 17, 2009

Classroom Collaborations: ToonDoo



I love to have my students share what they learn with others. Even though my students and I have found ToonDoo to be a bit difficult to figure out, we have finally started posting our cartoons. 

The best part about doing something new is giving my students the opportunity to help each other. After I showed Parker how to download the picture and then upload it to the blog, he showed Tristin. Within ten minutes I had students helping each other get the job done. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been thinking about using ToonDoo with my students as well. I signed up for an account and thought of all the possibilities for my English class. I think it is great that your students collaborate as much as they do. This is when so much learning takes place!

Tiffany X. said...

That is a really good idea. If one person teaches 16 students at a time it would take forever.

M Webb said...

Wonderful to see the collaboration and scaffolding with students. Such a powerful tool, and once again I salute you for having the learning process available and demonstrated so others can see it and share.
Mr Webb and Room 8, Melville Intermediate, Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand.

Mrs. Heaton's Blog said...

Not sure if you are aware but ToonDoo is beta testing an educational component to their ToonDoo site. If you email them they will add you to their beta test group. I think they are trying to filter out any "inappropriate" cartoons the students might see in their open source system.

Mrs. Heaton
Beaufort, SC
www.mrsheatonsclass1.blogspot.com