Thursday, April 02, 2009

Answers to Ms. Mason


Ms.Mason, thanks for asking me these questions. I hope you don't mind, but I thought some of them would be more appropriate for my students to answer.

Question 1: What is it like to use a blog in the classroom? I use my blog in many different ways. I use it to inform, entertain, persuade, and (oops, I just taught author's purpose in class,) The real answer is magical. It has allowed my students access to different classrooms and different countries. It has been the best thing ever!

Question 2: How do my students use the blog? I will let Slendy answer that.


Question 3: Do my students like having a class blog? I will let Slendy answer that one too.


Question 4: What made me decide to create a class blog? At first, I thought it would be a good way to help my students use the computers more. I thought it would be a great way to share information. I liked how easy it was to change the content, because my static web page was hard to change information on.

Question 5: Are parents able to check the blog? Absolutely, the blog is open to everyone. Comments are moderated for content, but if someone would like to comment on a post I encourage them to do so.

Question 6: How does my class benefit from having this technology in the classroom? I asked my class and this is the answer:

4 comments:

Little Voices, Little Scholars. said...

I also use the class blog like the way Mr. C uses it too. We also like to attract as many people as possible to comment on our work so we can get some feedback. We like to think that we are famous if people from all over the world visit our site. We are also making friends when we share our work online.

FRom,
Mrs She

Jane Hake said...

Thank you Mr.C and friends for telling us about blogging. I think the class blog has opened up the world for my students as well. We always love to visit and have visitors from other classrooms!

Mrs. Hake

Sam said...

I want to thank you and your class so much! The information was great and the way you chose to answer the questions was awesome! I plan to use this type of technology in my future classroom as well and I think your blog will be an excellent building block!

Thanks Again!
Samantha Mason

Melville Intermediate - New Zealand said...

Mr C - what a wonderful post and nice to see the students sharing the responses with you as well. Creative and informative and I couldn't agree more - networking and opening up the world by communicating with others is a wonderful thing.
Mr Webb and Room 8, Melville Intermediate School, Hamilton, New Zealand.